My first #12GinsToChristmas post is presented with the decadent Parmesan-and-Rosemary Popcorn.
This tasty savoury snack can be enjoyed on it’s own or served as part of the Christmas snacks with family and friends.
- ½ cup popcorn kernels or 1 bag of microwave-popcorn (plain/salted flavour)
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh Rosemary leaves
- ½ teaspoon fine Sea Salt
- a bit of cracked Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- zest of one Lemon
- While the popcorn is popping, combine the olive oil, rosemary, sea salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- When the popcorn is done, pour it out into a large bowl, drizzle with the olive oil mixture, then grate the Parmesan and the lemon over top and mix.
If your popcorn kernels are not popping properly, keep the kernels in the refrigerator for a day or two. This restores the moisture in the kernel and should help them pop better.
Use a microplane or fine zester to grate both the Parmesan and the Lemon zest. They’ll give you a finer end result that adheres well to the popcorn.