This week, Letoya Makhene was in the hot seat on SABC 1’s exciting new celebrity quiz show Tropika Smoooth Fan as she set out to find her smooothest fan. During the show, viewers at home uncovered some interesting facts about the star during the exciting live quiz show. In Tropika Smoooth Fan, four die-hard celebrity fans were chosen out of thousands to compete in a variety of interactive games and ultimately Nyeleti Mosothoane was officially crowned Letoya’s smooothest fan. Nyeleti won the grand prize of R20 000 and will now move on to compete in the final alongside the smooothest fans of the other celebrity contestants in the hopes of winning R250 000 cash and a Honda Amaze.
These Are Some Of The Exciting Things We Learned About Letoya Makhene On Tropika Smoooth Fan:
- Letoya’s career started when she was cast in an advert at the tender age of nine.
- Letoya is the daughter of legendary musician Blondie Makhene.
- While she was still a teenager, Letoya gained fans while hosting various youth-orientated TV shows including YoTV
- At 14, Letoya formed the group S’kool Girlz with her sisters which achieved moderate success in the local music space.
- Letoya is the mother of four children – Nubia, Tadiwa, Tamuda and Kopano
- Letoya appeared in the popular Leon Schuster movie Mr. Bones which went on to become one of the most successful local films of all time in South Africa.
- One of Letoya’s breakout acting roles was when she played Ayanda Diale on SABC 3’s Isidingo. She now stars as the villainous Tshidi Phakade on Generations: The Legacy.
- Back in 2011, Letoya bagged the lead role in the film “My Zulu Promise”. Her performance gained her many rave reviews and the film is one that Letoya is still proud of today.
- The star was once one of Brenda Fassie’s backup vocalists. She performed with the singer on her single ‘Ngiyakusaba’.
- Letoya is incredibly spiritual and attended an initiation school in KwaThema where she became a sangoma.
Want to be a contestant on Tropika Smoooth Fan? Simply buy a Smoooth Fan branded Tropika at your nearest store, find your unique code and follow the on-pack instructions for your chance to prove you’re the smooothest fan.
Fans also stand to win amazing prizes by snapping a selfie of themselves with a Smoooth Fan branded Tropika, and Whatsapping the image to 071 605 1503 live during the show between 18:00 and 18:30 every Friday.
Catch Tropika Smoooth Fan every Friday at 18:00 on SABC 1.
Connect with Tropika and follow the latest #TropikaSmooothFan news online:
*Full Ts and Cs can be found on:
About SABC 1
SABC1’s role in the overall SABC Television portfolio is that of delivering programming and entertainment that is targeted specifically at the youthful segment of the population, with a target market that is predominantly between ages 16-34 and 24 as the epicenter. SABC 1 is by far SA’s biggest television channel delivering over 22 million viewers per week and a market share of 66.6%. The channel celebrates youthfulness through entertaining social realism. This positioning is borne out of the viewers’ needs for more honest, positive and real television.
Press release by: El Broide, The Platinum Club