Looking for something to do when in the Western Cape? The Elgin Cool Wine & Country Food Festival is back, and it’s guaranteed to be one of this year’s social calendar highlights. Taking place over the weekend of 27 and 28 April participating Elgin Wine Producers will be pulling out the stops to showcase their range of fine wines paired with amazing food offerings.
One of the weekend’s not-to-be-missed attractions will no doubt be Paul Cluver Wines who have a selection of scrumptious treats in store at the estate during the weekend. The lineup includes a pairing of their cool climate wines with a selection of irresistible savoury and sweet offerings from the SALT at Paul Cluver kitchen. A lip-smacking Paul Cluver Cheese Board, featuring a selection of locally sourced cheeses, charcuterie, preserves, olives and freshly baked bread at R200 per cheese board, is ideal as a light lunch enjoyment. For those with a sweet tooth, the cinnamon sugar Apple Fritters made with freshly picked Gala apples from the estate at R40 for six will be the perfect anytime treat during the weekend’s festivities.
For that something extra special the estate’s Swirl & Savour offering is not to be missed. SALT at Paul Cluver will be serving a delectable à la carte menu during the weekend, which is guaranteed to be a feast for the senses. Choose between a two-course menu at R295 per person or the indulgent three-course menu at R370 menu. SALT’s popular Sharing Platter will also be available over the two days, and will comfortably feed two hungry guests. The à la carte menu and platter exclude wine.
With Winter fast approaching be sure to stock up on some wines from the Tasting Room for your collection or to sip and savour in front of the fireplace on a chilly evening.
For more information on the festival, offerings visit www.ecwcf.winesofelgin.co.za.
ABOUT PAUL CLUVER WINES
Paul Cluver Wines is a family owned and family run winery. Focused on producing world class Chardonnay, Pinot noir and Riesling that reflect the uniqueness of the cool-climate Elgin terroir. The family is proud to have pioneered the Elgin appellation and for being seen as a leader in sustainable farming.
MAKE THE MOST DURING THE ELGIN COOL WINE & COUNTRY FOOD FESTIVAL
Elgin Cool Wine & Country Food Festival
Sip & Pair
- Tuck into the Paul Cluver Cheeseboard, featuring a selection of local cheeses, salami, preserves, olives and freshly baked bread – R200 per cheese board
- Delight your sweet tooth with a serving of irresistible Apple Fritters, made with freshly-picked Paul Cluver estate Gala apples and dusted in cinnamon sugar – R40 for 6
Swirl & Savour
- The estate’s acclaimed SALT restaurant will be serving their elegant a la carte menu all weekend – two courses at R295 and three courses at R370
- SALT’s popular new Sharing Platters will also be available, perfect for two hungry guests (available with or without a bottle of wine)
Wine & Food Offering
- Enjoy complimentary tastings of the Paul Cluver Estate range at the Tasting Room
Sip & Pair
- R200 per cheese board
- R40 for 6 Apple Fritters
Swirl & Savour
Two courses at R295 and three courses at R370
BY: PIPPA PRINGLE | ON THE MARQUE PR & COMMUNICATIONS | 071 461 6692 | email@example.com