Great! You can have double-cream yoghurt, but do you still feel like there is something missing? How about a scoop of home-made Granola without the added sugar, stabilisers and other funnies that creep into mass-produced bags of granola.
Keep in mind, you are not allowed grains and sugars!
Here’s my Home-made Granola recipe
What you will need:
- Oven (pre-heated to 160 degrees Celsius)
- Large boxing bowl
- Large baking tray
- Wooden spoon
- Prepared ingredients
- Airtight Storage Container
- 100 g Walnuts
- 100 g Macadamia nuts
- 100 g Slivered Almonds
- 100 g Pumpkin Seeds
- 100 g Sunflower Seeds
- 100 g Coconut slivers
- 2 teaspoons of Xylitol
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg (or All Spice mix)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- Preheat your oven to 160 degree C.
- Roughly chop your nuts.
- Mix all your nuts & seeds together.
- In a large pan, melt your coconut oil with the spices and Xylitol
- Once melted, toss in your nut/seed mixture and mix into the coconut oil, toast for a few minutes.
- Pour into a baking tray and smooth out.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Pour onto paper towel and allow to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
Enjoy in the mornings with a scoop of yoghurt, or as a snack during the day to keep you going.