Oven-baked Waffles are soft and airy like pillows; topped with delicious additions like ice cream, fresh berries or sweetened whipped cream. Waffles are great for breakfast, brunch or anytime. The batter can be altered for a savoury version, or an addition of frozen berries / chocolate chips will change the batter for an interesting waffle flavour.
Serve with a generous dusting of icing sugar or powdered cocoa for a chocolate version.
I used my silicon Waffle mould for perfect oven-baked crisp waffles.
MISE EN PLACE (preparation):
Measure the ingredients before you start preparing the waffle batter.
You will need:
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons/cups
- Kitchen scale
- Lékué Waffle Moulds
- Oven tray
- Kitchen jug (to pour the batter into the moulds)
- Cooling rack
YIELD: 8 Waffles
|410ml||Milk||1 2/3 cups|
|2 teaspoons||Baking Powder||10ml|
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius. Melt the butter and mix it with the beaten eggs and milk.
- Add the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Mix together and stir well using a whisk until you have a smooth mixture.
- Place the Lékué Waffle Moulds on an oven tray. Pour the batter into the moulds and bake in the middle of the oven for 8-9 minutes.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven, turn the waffles out of the moulds and back onto the baking tray.
- Cook with the pattern side up for a further 4-5 minutes until they are golden.
- Top with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream, generously drizzle with maple syrup and add a scattering of berries.