Many of us can agree that easy and simple dishes go down well in any household especially during the week.
If you were wondering what to prepare for dinner tonight, Zola Nene may just have the answer, with her simple and delicious sweetcorn and cheddar risotto.
Zola Nene’s simply delicious 15-minute sweetcorn and cheddar risotto
Typically, we use our microwaves to reheat last night’s pizza or quickly defrost the chicken we forgot to take out for dinner. Never in our wildest dreams did we think we’d be cooking up a storm in a microwave – until now. Thanks to Smart Inverter technology, the LG NeoChef redefines what can be created in your microwave, allowing you to cook a variety of dishes that conventional microwaves can’t.
Beyond simply reheating or defrosting food, the NeoChef combines precise temperature control and cooking power to bake, grill and roast almost anything you can think of.
Local chef extraordinaire Zola Nene recently put this powerful machine to the test, sharing a yummy sweetcorn and cheddar risotto that was effortlessly crafted in the LG NeoChef. In the step-by-step video on her Instagram page, Zola comments, “Making risotto doesn’t have to be tedious… especially when you do it in the microwave! I let my LG NeoChef do all the hard work for me.”
15-minute Sweetcorn and Cheddar Risotto Recipe
- 20g butter
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely crushed
- 2 tsp chopped thyme
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio or risotto rice
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tin creamed sweetcorn
- 100g mature cheddar, grated
- Salt and pepper
- Place the olive oil, butter, onion, garlic and thyme into a large microwave-safe dish.
- Microwave on full power for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and 2 cups of stock, stir well, then return to the microwave for 3 minutes on full power.
- Stir in the creamed sweetcorn and return to the microwave for 6 minutes, stirring after 3 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining stock and cheese, then return to the microwave for another 2 minutes.
- Leave to rest for 2 minutes, then stir. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then serve.
Although this microwave risotto only takes 15 minutes to make, there’s no sacrificing flavour here – the result is a deliciously creamy, cheesy and satisfying meal that the whole family will love.
Just follow the recipe, stirring occasionally, and the LG NeoChef will take care of the rest.
Another winner from Zola? Her one-pan spicy roast chicken dinner is perfect for those rushed weeknights when you have no idea what to make. Yet another family-friendly, hassle-free meal, courtesy of the LG NeoChef.
You can learn more about this mighty microwave’s other capabilities here.
CHIARA DI RAGO
|T +27 11 463 0366 C 011 436 0366 M email@example.com|