The Beatles’ 1967 hit “Strawberry Fields Forever” has long been considered one of the greatest pop songs ever recorded. And your taste buds will be singing when you indulge in the Four Cousins Strawberry Fields cream liqueur. I’ve given it a grown-up twist for a summer dessert.
“Let me take you down
‘Cause I’m going to Strawberry Fields
Nothing is real
And nothing to get hung about
Strawberry Fields forever
Living is easy with eyes closed
Misunderstanding all you see
It’s getting hard to be someone
But it all works out
It doesn’t matter much to me” – Beatles; Strawberry Fields Forever
Strawberry Fields Ice Cream Lollies
- 600 ml Double Cream
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) Vanilla
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) Four Cousins Strawberry Fields liqueur
- 1 x tin (397g) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 200ml Cream, whipped
- Crushed freeze-dried strawberries
- To make the ice cream, whisk the double cream, vanilla, Four Cousins Strawberry Fields and condensed milk together until smooth and thickened slightly.
- Fold in the whipped cream, stir in some of the crushed dried strawberries, then pour into a container which is suitable for the freezer; freeze for about 4 hours or until firm.
I acquired a silicon ice-cream lolly mould (pictured right) to create the Strawberry Fields ice-cream; they are perfect for mini “magnum” ice cream lollies and can be reused.
Four Cousins Strawberry Fields is a rich and elegant cream liqueur with notes of summer strawberries and fresh cream. The liqueur is blended to perfection using the finest natural ingredients, captivating the sweet and fruity flavour of sun-ripened strawberries.
Four Cousins Strawberry Fields and Four Cousins Marula Dream are available at your nearest liquor store or online at http://www.fourcousins.co.za.
Packaged in 500ml bottles, the liqueurs sell for under R100/bottle.
Share your Four Cousins experiences online – be sure to tag Four Cousins on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/fourcousins/) and Twitter (@4CousinsWine). We’re also on Instagram. For more information, visit the websites; send email to email@example.com or call 023 615 1505.
Not for sale to persons under the age of 18. Drink Responsibly.