Looking for the perfect accompaniment to your #MeatFree Curry tonight? Take a look at these delectable, oozy, cheesy Mushroom Parathas. I’ll even skip the curry if the side dish looks this good!
- 16 parathas (homemade or store bought)
- 500 g portabellini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbsp curry powder
- 2 cup peas, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 cup spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 fresh chilli, seeds removed and diced
- 400 g mozzarella cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Ghee or olive oil, for cooking
- Heat a spoonful of ghee or a drizzle of olive oil in a frying pan. Cook mushrooms with curry powder and season. Once they are golden brown set aside.
- Blanch peas in boiling water. Drain and place in a large bowl. Mash peas roughly using a fork. Add the coriander, spring onion, fresh chilli and mozzarella. Mix and season.
- Stir through the curried mushrooms.
- Cook parathas according to package instructions. Once lightly golden brown on both sides, place on a board. Spoon the mushrooms filling evenly onto 4 of the parathas. Sandwich them closed with the other
- Return each stuffed paratha to the frying pan on medium-low heat. Cook on both sides until golden brown and the cheese has melted. Slice and serve!