It’s International Fritter Day today! So we are sharing the South African Mushroom Farmer’s Association recipe for Mushroom and Wild Rice Fritters.
Whether you prefer fluffy or crispy fritters, we can all agree fritters are yum.
- 1 shallot, minced
- 400 g portabellini mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, grated
For the Dill Sour Cream Sauce:
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, roughly chopped
- Capers, for garish
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Fresh dill, for garnish
- Fresh mint, for garnish
- Finely dice shallot and portabellini mushrooms, season with salt and pepper.
- Add 2 cups of cooked wild rice to the mushroom mix.
- Add 2 eggs, flour and grated cheddar cheese and combine all the ingredients.
- Heat a pan with cooking oil.
- Scoop spoonfuls of the fritter batter into the hot oil and fry until golden and crunchy.
For the Sauce:
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and combined.
Serve the warm fritters with the Sour Cream Sauce and enjoy!