With just a few simple ingredients, you can have a comforting dinner on the table in less than 25 minutes. If using fresh pork sausage, cook it first to firm it up, then slice into rounds and pan-fry with the mushrooms.
- 60 ml olive oil
- 400 g smoked pork sausage, sliced
- 500 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- 500 ml cream
- 0.5 cup finely grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- salt & pepper
- 700 g courgette spaghetti (strips of baby marrow)
- In a wide pan, heat the oil and fry the pork sausage until golden. Add the mushrooms and garlic and fry until cooked.
- Add the cream and bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring, to reduce.
- Add the parmesan and season with salt & pepper.
- Add the courgette and stir to coat. Bring to a simmer and cook for 1 minute or just tender.
- Serve at once, scattered with more parmesan.